Re: [TML] HIWG CD Notes Jeff Zeitlin 09 Sep 2020 11:22 UTC

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 11:07:30 +0000, Brett Kruger <xxxxxx@kruger.id.au> wrote:

>Also I think (I could very well be wrong) that after a certain amount of
>time, after the author’s death maybe, that works move into the public
>domain? I only learned a bit of copyright law because our librarian tells
>me off.

The current term of copyright in the United States is 70 years after the
author's death. This will change when the "Steamboat Willie" cartoons are
once more about to enter the public domain; Disney will buy yet another
extension from Congress.

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2020. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
    The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)