[snip]
In ART:
Many of the JPG files in this folder are also misnamed AOL ART files. See the comments above. There are several WPG files; these will open with LibreOffice Draw. There is a file SUBSECTO.000; I cannot identify the type of this file, nor find its file signature ("magic number") of ÇEÏS [C7 49 CF 53]. Word does not recognize it and will make a hash of the conversion; LibreOffice also opens it as hash.
In ART/ADLER:
Some of the GIF files in this folder are also misnamed AOL ART files. See the comments above. IrfanView will handle the WMF files, and if Ghostscript is installed, the EPS files. CorelDRAW! will also handle both.
In ART/SYLEA:
I can't open any of the files; the JPG is a misnamed ART file, the WMF file seems to have an invalid header, I don't have either CorelDRAW! or Ghostscript on the computer I was using, and I don't have any information on what will open a DSC file.
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com http://www.freelancetraveller.com
--
WPG files will also open in Inkscape.
The WMF file in the case of the Sylea file is actually compressed with BINHEX, you have to decode it first before it will open.
Boy oh boy, I could waste a mountain of time on this!
Brett.