On 24Jul2020 1145, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote: > Anyway if there's any obTrav here, I do wonder how the Imperium > handles their traumatized soldiers, sailors, marines, etc. Do they > just turf them out as broken? Do they say they'll be cared for and > not allocate enough funds so it is really just lip service? Or do > they do the job right? My guess is it may vary across the Imperium, > but I suspect, like most militaristic societies, they say they value > the soldiers - in war time, the soldiers get the gear and the glory, > but in peace time, they (esp broken up ones) are a liability and > expense. I have my doubts about good treatment of their retirees once > active hostilities end. Well, in 1977 LBB games we know they survived, so they'll be ones that failed their re-enlistment rolls and got booted out. I hope they rolled well on the cash table... From 1981 onwards, they're possibly part of the 'failed survival, but ruled to still live' fraction. Either way, maybe this tells us why the Army boots so many people out after only a term or two. In the Scouts you die, but in the Army you 'only' get crippled or messed up in the head. > I have an idea for using an old folks home on one of the fringe > planets where a lot of poor vets have ended up in a scenario. I may > just write that up. I have an idea of why you might need these old > soldiers one more time... > ----- The Traveller Mailing List Archives at > http://archives.simplelists.com/tml Report problems to > xxxxxx@simplelists.com To unsubscribe from this list please go > to > http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=v7a1Ywz0OOksdaWEf6XOanDlU3WPk8Pn -- Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>