Re: [TML] A small ship TU and a view of jump travel that creates it Rupert Boleyn 17 Jun 2020 02:11 UTC


On 17Jun2020 1316, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> I think the Imperium would have a more modest military budget than  > some imagine. I also think it would be pushed to buy a lot of
smaller > ships to deal with regional conflicts, customs assistance,
etc. and > they would be pushed to establish bases in many places for
the > economic benefits, even if the ships were medium or small size in
 > overall maximum military size respects.
Well, if you use /Striker/ rather than /TCS/ to derive budgets, and
assume that worlds not in frontier sectors spend the minimum (1% of GDP)
on defence, of which the Imperium gets 30%, the Imperium doesn't get a
lot of money per world - aside from those pesky hi-pop high-TL worlds
that pay for everyone else, and I'm certain all the little worlds resent
for their influence over Imperial policy.

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>