Re: [TML] Starports Thomas Jones-Low 19 Aug 2020 21:44 UTC

On 8/19/2020 5:26 PM, Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:51:10 -0700 (PDT), Thomas RUX <xxxxxx@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I read something recently, unfortunately I now can not find it, from either
>> Loren Wiseman or Donald McKinney that GT's alternate TL was a way to allow
>> licensing to both SJG and Imperium Games.
>
> In retrospect, I think it was a bad decision. SJG should have gotten the
> primary timeline license, and Imperium Games should have been told where to
> get off. It would have meant a temporary abeyance of 2d6 Traveller, but I'm
> not convinced that Imperium Games' mishandling of the product line was
> better.
>
	Based upon the dates of publication of the books, I thought the Imperium Games
license expired before the SJGames license was negotiated. At the very least
Imperium games stopped publishing in 1997 and the GT Core rules started in 1998.
There was no overlap there.

	Also, based upon the editorials that Loren wrote (available as Grongard from
FFE) Loren and Steve wanted the ATU because they felt the Rebellion/TNE was not
a good palace to have adventures, but really liked the Golden Era / CT universe,
but also wanted to advance the timeline.

--
         Thomas Jones-Low
Work:	xxxxxx@softstart.com
Home:   xxxxxx@gmail.com