Re: [TML] Starports Jeff Zeitlin 19 Aug 2020 21:26 UTC

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:51:10 -0700 (PDT), Thomas RUX <xxxxxx@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I read something recently, unfortunately I now can not find it, from either
>Loren Wiseman or Donald McKinney that GT's alternate TL was a way to allow
>licensing to both SJG and Imperium Games.

In retrospect, I think it was a bad decision. SJG should have gotten the
primary timeline license, and Imperium Games should have been told where to
get off. It would have meant a temporary abeyance of 2d6 Traveller, but I'm
not convinced that Imperium Games' mishandling of the product line was
better.

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2020. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
    The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)