Re: [TML] Sector file format? Jeff Zeitlin 09 Nov 2023 01:00 UTC

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 18:45:44 -0600, Charles McKnight wrote to Freelance
Traveller:

>Sorry, I grabbed the wrong email address for you. :-(

The file is indeed pure text, and I've seen that format before - if I'm
remembering correctly (memory is the second thing to go), that was more
often seen as "Sunbane SEC format", and I believe that JimV even included a
converter (SEC2GAL) that would automassage it into a sector (sixteen
subsectors) for his GALACTIC program (which, I should note, runs perfectly
well under DOSBox, including AFreeBox on Android).

It would not surprise me if "VMB" stood for "Virtual Map
B...«something-or-other»".

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2022. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
    The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)