Re: [TML] Sector file format? Charles McKnight 09 Nov 2023 00:45 UTC
Hi Jeff,

Sorry, I grabbed the wrong email address for you. :-(


> On Nov 8, 2023, at 5:59 PM, Jeff Zeitlin <xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 17:15:34 -0600, Charles McKnight wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I’ve got what appears to be a text file with the extension “vmb” (see attached). Are any of you wiser than I am folks aware if this is associated with a particular application?
>
> The TML doesn't take attachments, and you didn't send it directly to me
> (you apparently picked out my name from a TML message), so I can't
> investigate the file directly. I don't recognize the VMB extension, but if
> it's a pure text file, chances are it can be massaged into a format that
> can be handled by other programs.
>
> The only "public" information I can find on the VMB extension is that
> Quicken used to use it about 20 years ago; that's clearly not what you're
> looking at, however.
>
>
>
> ®Traveller is a registered trademark of
> Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2022. Use of
> the trademark in this notice and in the
> referenced materials is not intended to
> infringe or devalue the trademark.
>
> --
> Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
> Freelance Traveller
>    The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
> xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
> http://www.freelancetraveller.com
>
> Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
> enterprises for hosting services:
>
> onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
> The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)