Re: [TML] Generation X - at last! shadow@xxxxxx 04 Jun 2020 12:01 UTC

On 26 May 2020 at 12:41, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

>
> The second story I mentioned was actually planet bound. I think what
> happened was they landed, people started getting sick and not
> functioning well (regressing) and some of the smart folks holed up
> somewhere (maybe near the ship?). I think they changed over time too,
> but slower. I think the lad who became (or travelled with) traders
> found something to help in a local food source somewhere and realized
> there was a way to spread it innocuously around so that everyone
> eventually got some and people regained their potential.

Ah, that plaaced it for me. It's a Larry Niven book. Lack of a trace
element (potassium). Destiny's Road.

The first one sounds like Heinlein's "Orphans of the Sky"
--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com