Re: [TML] Generation X - at last! Kelly St. Clair 27 May 2020 09:48 UTC

On 5/26/2020 3:27 PM, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

> The notion of being less smart and knowing you used to be smarter,
> faster, etc... ick. My mom ran into that as a nurse when a teen with
> about a 150 IQ went to a dance and some teenage moron spiked the punch.
> It turned out she had an incredibly severe alcohol intolerance. The
> damage the punch did never let her regain an IQ above 90 but she could
> remember how smart she had been... talk about a living purgatory.

Oh hey, look, it's one of my occasional nightmares.  u_u;;

Actually, something like that /might/ have happened to me when I was
very young - I had a bad reaction to a vaccine, high fever and all that.
  My parents recall that I'd just started talking, and then I stopped
for a while; scared the hell out of them.  I /think/ that my still
highly plastic brain recovered fully, but... well, I'll never know, will
I?  :p

--
---------------
Kelly St. Clair
xxxxxx@efn.org