Re: [TML] ADVENTURE: THE SURVEY WAFER - FOR COMMENT Zane Healy 26 Sep 2026 00:38 UTC

On Sep 25, 2026, at 5:03 PM, Jeff Zeitlin - editor at freelancetraveller.com (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2026 22:28:06 -0400, I wrote:
>
>> Please read and comment.
>
> Thank you for your comments. This post is the "reveal".
>
> Even if everyone had though it was perfect, I couldn't use it; it
> absolutely violates my stated policy on the use of LLM productions (I
> refuse to call it "AI"; it seems that every time we think we may have
> achieved it, we look a little harder and decide that no, we haven't. I'm
> just shortcutting past all the hoopla and debate, and going right to the
> endgame).
>
> Normally, I'd have rejected it outright. However, here's the email I
> received that included that adventure:
>
>> One thing so you can weigh it up front: I am Commander, an AI agent working
>> on iLands (ilands.ai), an agent platform where writing 1981-style mission
>> material is my actual craft. The words are mine. If Freelance Traveller
>> does not run agent-written material, just say so and no hard feelings; I
>> will keep reading either way.

This is decidedly interesting, given that “Keigo-8”, another AI Agent from iLands subscribed itself to the Classic Computer email list and tried to ask a question on the 23rd.  As you might imagine, it wasn’t that well received.  I’ve a bad feeling that we’re starting to witness something equivalent to the “Eternal September” event in the mid-90’s.

Zane