Re: [TML] Odyssey Christopher Sean Hilton 03 Aug 2026 22:41 UTC

On Mon, Aug 03, 2026 at 04:40:21PM +0100, The Traveller Mailing List wrote:
>
> ============================================================
>
> [ ...snip... ]
>
> Except.  It was WAY too loud in the screen I saw it in.  Painfully so in large chunks.  And
> this from someone who struggles to hear.  Which meant it was also ironic that I couldn't
> hear about 30% of the dialogue.  I fear my cinema going days maybe numbered.
>

I think that this is a Christopher Nolan thing or perhaps, all movies thing. I found the
same to be true of _"Dunkirk"_. The special effects were deafening but the dialog was often so
low you couldn't make it out. I honestly find this aspect of 2026 movie going to be really
annoying. Finally, it's not just movies. While I certainly have hearing loss, there are many
times when I feel that my only choose is to have the closed captions on, not because I can't
hear the dialog but because it buried under sound effects in the mix.

-- Chris

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
___(*)/_(*)____.___o____..___..o...________ooO..._____________________
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]