Re: [TML] Hammer's Slammers, was [TML] Hot Moon Timothy Collinson 07 Jul 2025 12:51 UTC

Redliners?

Ok, will take a look.  I'm assuming we're talking about the David Drake book before I buy the Reacher spin off _Redline_!

Thanks for the heads up

tc

________________________________________
From: Ethan McKinney - ethan.mckinney at gmail.com (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: 07 July 2025 10:45
To: xxxxxx@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [TML] Hammer's Slammers, was [TML] Hot Moon

On Wed, Jul 2, 2025 at 8:06 AM Richard Aiken - raikenclw at gmail.com<http://gmail.com/> (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com<mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2025, 2:19 AM Timothy Collinson - Timothy.Collinson at port.ac.uk<http://port.ac.uk/> (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com<mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>> wrote:

________________________________
From: Richard Aiken - raikenclw at gmail.com<http://gmail.com/> (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com<mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>>
Sent: Wednesday, July 2, 2025 3:25:05 am
To: tml <xxxxxx@simplelists.com<mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com>>
Subject: Re: [TML] Hammer's Slammers, was [TML] Hot Moon

I once got a glimpse of the Hammer's Slammers cover. But the book's owner snatched it away before I could actually open the book. I still remember thinking, "Okaaaaayyy. Collector, not player. Gotcha."

Well, you're very welcome to look at mine if you drop by!

Thanks! :)

Hammers Slammers probably qualifies as the Traveller setting that I'm least familiar with....perhaps to my shame, I've never quite found the time to read a Hammers Slammers novel.

I'm a HUGE fan of the books.The author is a Vietnam War veteran (an interrogator with the Blackhorse Regiment) and knows whereof he writes. I've stolen his "power guns" for use in my new setting.

Not only do I have a lot of the novels and short story collections (the first book was a collection), I have the multi-volume, hard cover "The Complete Hammers Slammers."

You have to like bleak stories. Your mileage may vary.

Outside of Hammer's Slammers and the RCN series, I recommend the stand-alone novel "Redliners." Great fodder for a Traveller adventure of a cross-country trek through deadly territory.

Ethan

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml<http://archives.simplelists.com/tml>
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
https://lists.simplelists.com/subs/