Re: [TML] Memorial Day musings Tom Rux 26 May 2025 22:48 UTC

Hello Eric,

I agree with you about this day not being about me in particular. Whenever I see a Vietnam veteran I welcome them home and thank them for their service. Most of them say thank you and thank me for my service.

Tom Rux

> On 05/26/2025 1:48 PM PDT Eric A. Rhude - ateno at panix.com (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
>
>
> > I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to those
> > veterans who have served their countries on this Memorial Day. You have
> > made sacrifices for your country and deserve both thanks for your service
> > as well as respect.
>
> Thank you.
>
> For me any type of thanks is odd for me to accept.  I know its not about
> me, honest.
>
> Today are about friends that are left behind.
>
> I still clink my glass on the table to this day.
>
> If I had fallen, that's I would have wanted.
>
> Eric
>
> -----
> The Traveller Mailing List
> Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
> Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
> To unsubscribe from this list please go to
> https://lists.simplelists.com/subs/