On Tue, 8 Oct 2024 16:53:51 -0700, David Johnson wrote:
[Replying to me]
>Hi Jeff.
>
>> I could wish that I thought many years ago to make copies of floppies and
>> back up old hard disks; if I had, we might have had at least partial
>> archives in QWK format all the way back into the days when it was hosted at
>> the School of Engineering, University of Western Ontario.
>
>You mean like this?
[Bandwidthectomy]
Yes, that. In those days, I was a member of a BBS system that had internet
access and provided internet email addresses to its users, and I was using
a DOS-based program called SLMR (Silly Little Mail Reader) to read
downloaded QWK packets, which the BBS would generate on request from all of
the message sections and your personal email account.
®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2024. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.
--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com
Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:
onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)