Re: [TML] The Ship's Locker
Alex Goodwin 14 Oct 2020 14:08 UTC
On 14/10/20 9:22 pm, Timothy Collinson - timothy.collinson at port.ac.uk
(via tml list) wrote:
>
>
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 07:08, <xxxxxx@gmail.com
> <mailto:xxxxxx@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>
> WHOOMP! You have just described about 4 bins full of cabling I have.
>
>
>
> Do you have clairvoyance, Thomas?
>
>
>
> I think he's seen my attic too.
>
> I suspect that it's more that a (large?) proportion of us on TML would
> tend towards either the slightly geeky collection of such gear OR the
> hoarding tendency to keep stuff beyond reasonable use dates OR both.
> And that those participating in this thread are a subset of TML even
> more likely to show either or both those tendencies!
>
> In any case, I'm not keeping up with all the contributions, so let me
> get back to the slave pits and quit lallygagging...
>
> tc
>
Another couple of things to add to the bitz box:
An unused sticker with "CAUTION: DO NOT LOOK INTO LASER {illegible}",
The magic/more magic switch from the MIT AI Lab (double lulz if its
single wire is hooked up, triple lulz if frobbing it to "magic" makes
your engineer go puce),
A plush drop bear, fangs, black fur and all,
A holodisc/other read-only memory copy of an album by a band called
Veedback - but not the real famous ones,
(I slammed into that one personally - the east-coast Pendulum and
west-coast Pendulum are two _very_ different groups)
A bag of some sort of powder labelled "Used dynamite".
Alex