RE: [TML] MegaTraveller Brownie Points ewan@xxxxxx 13 Oct 2020 13:15 UTC

I've always used them anywhere in character generation where ever there is a dice roll; however I tend to use basic character generation because I want a balanced party across all available careers, not just specialists in Army, Marines, Navy, Scouts and Merchants. You can still use/apply Brownie points, you just get less of them, also I assign rank skills as +1 skills if the characters already have them.

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxx@simplelists.com <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> On Behalf Of Rupert Boleyn
Sent: 13 October 2020 10:05
To: xxxxxx@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [TML] MegaTraveller Brownie Points

On 13Oct2020 2122, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just realized I may have been doing something incorrect for a long
> time in MT enhanced generation. Is there a specific limitation to
> using brownie points only for survival/position/promotion/getting a
> skill?
>
> I always used to use them to help modify skill table rolls when random
> chance of the dice was wanting a character to (forex) have 5 levels of
> electronics when you needed an engineer with engineering, gravitics,
> electronics, and mechanical.
>
> Can I use BPs legitimately for shifting my skill rolls to change
> skills on the chosen skill table?
>
> TomB
I a;ways thought that they were for any rolls in chargen. Thus with a bit of care if you manage to get a good number of them early you can do some fairly broken things (at least that's what I remember). They are one of the reasons I wouldn't use the advanced careers were I to run a MT game (the main reason being that they only did them for four careers).

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=dHxdYirgSgos395qMhM3iGkCaAJ5nIse