Re: [TML] Looking for a reference...
Thomas Jones-Low 09 Oct 2020 11:19 UTC
On 10/9/2020 6:23 AM, Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
> This is probably a tc question :)
>
> I have a submission regarding communications, and it triggered half of a
> memory.
>
> The recollection is that there is a mention somewhere of modified humans
> where at least some members of the society have modified voices such that
> they can call out at extraordinarily low frequencies, and this is used for
> long-distance communication because of some environmental conditions that
> preclude "normal" long-distance comm.
>
> I want to say that it was in the GDW JTAS, but I won't swear to it.
>
> Help?
>
I remember this as well. I did a quick scan through the SJGames JTAS issues and
a few of the books thinking that might be where it was, but came up blank. I'm
pretty sure it wasn't in the GDW JTAS issues. This would leave the later
Challenge issue or some of the DGP material.
I'll do some more digging this evening if no one comes up with anything before
then.
--
Thomas Jones-Low
Work: xxxxxx@softstart.com
Home: xxxxxx@gmail.com