Looking for a reference... Jeff Zeitlin 09 Oct 2020 10:23 UTC

This is probably a tc question :)

I have a submission regarding communications, and it triggered half of a
memory.

The recollection is that there is a mention somewhere of modified humans
where at least some members of the society have modified voices such that
they can call out at extraordinarily low frequencies, and this is used for
long-distance communication because of some environmental conditions that
preclude "normal" long-distance comm.

I want to say that it was in the GDW JTAS, but I won't swear to it.

Help?

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2020. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
    The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)