Re: [TML] Traveller Bibliography question shadow@xxxxxx 15 Aug 2020 22:50 UTC

On 26 Jul 2020 at 11:34, Kelly St. Clair wrote:

> I think I still /have/ my Win3.1 discs around here, somewhere.
>
> If anything, the trick is that my current computer, like most of its
> ilk, doesn't have a floppy drive.

That's why a few years back, when a local school switched from
students using floppies to students using USB sticks, I glommed onto
all the USB floppy drives they were getting rid of.

But I still have to get my old 486 working because a lot of my
install disks are 5.25" floppies.

BTW, if you have a machine with both kinds of floppies, there are
some tricks that will let you make a 3.5" floppy that *thinks* it's
5.25" one.

That's how I made a PC-DOS 1.1 boot disk that's a 3.5" floppy.
--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com