Converting starship descriptions from CT05 to MT... Christopher Sean Hilton 22 Sep 2026 22:43 UTC

Q: _Is there an automated conversion tool that converts a starship/spaceship/small craft
   specified under CT05 into Megatraveller?_

I'm still working on my CT05 ship builder but I'm looking at the designs that Ewan Q. is
publishing enviously. I took a quick look at the Megatraveller design sequence last
night. I spent some time looking a few months ago. It honestly looks to me like much of the
MT sequence is the same as the CT05 sequence with detail added in some places. For example:

* When I first looked at this, I noticed that MT specifies Volume and Density where CT05
  only specifies Volume and assume that the average ship density is 1000.0 kg/dTon. The
  first time I looked at it, I noticed that the MT version seems to really work hard at
  maintaining the CT05 conceit that the average ship's density is 1000.0 kg/dTon.

* Computers in MT seem to have changeda lot. Myt first look was shallow but researching this
  question shows me that MT 's going into a lot of detail where CT05 was just spitballs and
  handwavium.

-- Chris

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
___(*)/_(*)____.___o____..___..o...________ooO..._____________________
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]