RE: [TML] Pre-Traveller reference ewan@xxxxxx 08 Aug 2025 22:35 UTC

Hi Alan,

Lots of old time TMLers know of the Battle of CamarĂ³n.

It might be that one of us used to be a Legionnaire because every April 30th they used to post celebrating Camerone Day. I can't remember who it was.

I have it recorded in my diary. Every now and again I half expect to see them post again.

--
For the fallen in the cause of the free:
 "When I go home I will tell of them and say,
 For our tomorrow, They gave their today."

 My spelling is entirerly due to dyslexia, typos, and poetic license

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxx@simplelists.com <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
Sent: 08 August 2025 09:19
To: xxxxxx@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [TML] Pre-Traveller reference

On 07/08/2025 05:45, kaladorn at gmail.com (via tml list) wrote:
> You might even get a Camarone moment!

I hadn't heard of this still celebrated battle loss before, thanks.  It does look at bit like a TPK without the vaccine. ;-D

French Foreign Legion x65
Mexican Army x2000

FFL hold for 11 hours until destruction, causing 300 Mexican casualties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Camar%C3%B3n

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com To unsubscribe from this list please go to https://lists.simplelists.com/subs/