Re: [TML] A random tidbit for world-building Alex Goodwin 05 Jun 2025 08:25 UTC

On 5/6/25 14:23, Phil Pugliese - philpugliese at yahoo.com (via tml
list) wrote:
> I agree.
> But I also believe that the process would have been ongoing, going way
> back, for centuries & centuries & so would have been resolved long ago.
> I also believe that the Imperium also would've begun a similar,
> official, process, likely continuing what it's antecedent polity
> would've begun even longer ago.
> Also resolved a very long time ago.
> Now, while the Long Night was still ongoing & perhaps in areas not
> reached by Sylea or the early 3I it could be different, but in
> long-incorporated areas it's been long settled by 1100, or even
> earlier centuries.
> However, of course, there would still be 'alternative' ID's avail &
> used for 'who-knows-what' & accepted/rejected by 'who-knows'.
>
>
Phil,

I would have to agree with you in areas/eras of millennia-plus political
stability _on both sides_ - sure, no problem.

How about the Solomani Confederation breaking away from the Third
Imperium, especially among away-from-border areas?

Or between the Daryens and Sword Worlds, especially the Entropic Worlds?

Mnemosyne Principality and Avalari Consulate?  (latter was previously a
Zhodani client, now independent but 3I-leaning, IIRC, former still are
Zhodani clients)

Nusku and the Ziru Sirka's holdings in Kushuggi?

The common thread here being some sort of change in the political status
quo antebellum.

Alex