Re: [TML] A seventh decade
Tom Rux 16 May 2025 15:31 UTC
Hi all,
On 06/29/25 I will be 69 for the record.
Tom Rux
> On 05/16/2025 5:04 AM PDT Jeff Zeitlin - editor at freelancetraveller.com (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Mon, 12 May 2025 04:14:03 +0100, Timothy Collinson wrote:
>
> >Just a few moments ago I entered my seventh decade. After rhe health
> >events of a couple of years back, it feels as if it's a gift that I might
> >not have experienced.
>
> A belated "Happy Birthday" to you!
>
> >In a few hours I'll be travelling back from the North Star convention in
> >Sheffield which has just wrapped another successful year. Well done Graham
> >and Dom on a terrific couple of days. It's a 'general' SF convention, but
> >there was enough Traveller on offer you could play the game in every slot
> >if desired or allocations played ball. Indeed, one slot had not one but
> >two Traveller games on offer so it wasn't possible to play it all!
>
> I hope you're going to send me an AAR soon!
>
> >I can't really lift a toast to *another* 60 years, although who knows, but
> >I can praise God for the decades I've had and wish all the best to fellow
> >Travelllers... whether you're in your early terms of vigour and skill
> >development or gingerly facing another aging roll and thinking perhaps
> >mustering out wouldn't be such a bad idea.
>
> I'm approaching the completion of the second year of my seventh decade (end
> of September is the magic date); I'm sort of taking the attitude that
> you're only as old as you feel (or, if you want to be a bit risqué, 'only
> as old as who you feel'), and despite my salt-and-pepper being far more
> salt than pepper, if I keep my facial hair properly mowed, I seem to look
> quite a bit younger than my actual age. I do, however, concede that I've
> reached the stage where sitting down is easier than standing back up... :)
>
>
>
> ®Traveller is a registered trademark of
> Mongoose Publishing, 1977-2025. Use of
> the trademark in this notice and in the
> referenced materials is not intended to
> infringe or devalue the trademark.
>
> --
> Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
> Freelance Traveller
> The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
> xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
> http://www.freelancetraveller.com
>
> Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
> enterprises for hosting services:
>
> onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
> -----
> The Traveller Mailing List
> Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
> Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
> To unsubscribe from this list please go to
> https://lists.simplelists.com/subs/