Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Jeff Zeitlin 16 Feb 2024 18:21 UTC

I can't find it either, but it was more along the lines of "Traveller is
_Science Fiction Adventure in the Far Future_, not _Accurate Adventures in
Accounting_", making specific reference to the cutline on the covers of the
Classic LBBs.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:14:19 -0500, kaladorn wrote:

>I think it was said by Marc Miller but maybe not. It was a sci fi related
>quote and I remember it in terms of sci fi RPGs.
>
>The gist of it was that you should be doing X (I forget exactly what X was)
>rather than 'accounting in space'.
>
>I think it was a bit of a comment that the game wasn't meant to be
>adventures in accounting...
>
>But I can't pull the actual quote and Timothy Collison couldn't find it
>either but we both sort of remember something of that effect.
>
>I suppose it could have been said by Wiseman or some of the others of
>Traveller over the years but I either saw it in an article or an interview
>or on some list like this one.
>
>Anyone else vaguely remember this?
>
>Tom B
>kaladorn
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>“As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well
>knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the humankind.”
>– Cleveland Amory
>-----
>The Traveller Mailing List
>Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
>Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
>To unsubscribe from this list please go to
>https://www.simplelists.com/subs/

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2022. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller
    The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Resource
xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)