Re: [TML] Klemperer Rosettes Jonathan Clark 02 May 2020 01:29 UTC

Vareck Bostrom wrote:

>     FWIW, once one of the members of a Klemperer Rosette loses its perfect
>     geometric position with respect to the others the "flying off in all
>     directions" happens very quickly and it's only a few orbital periods
>     before it is clearly destabilized.

I'm happy to believe that you are correct. I no longer possess the math
skills to work this out :-) At any rate, this reduces to a discussion
about the potential reaction time of a technological system that is well
beyond our current conception.

>     So the existence of planetary drives might
>     actually be in heavy use throughout the Imperium.

Of course, this impinges on the whole near-C rock discussion which has
wracked this list from time to time. I prefer to 'kick the ball down the
road' and push the whole problem out into the not-easily-imagined
post-Traveller Universe. YMMV.

Jonathan