That reminds me of the whiskey ship I inspected. The holds were lined in oak and such and whiskey was shipped as free liquid. Eric > Rum. > > On Thu, May 16, 2019, 8:16 AM Eric A. Rhude <xxxxxx@panix.com> wrote: > >> > I was kind of imagining that they'd either seal well enough to allow >> some of the contents to have survived, or to seal well enough - >> particularly if they do dual duty for sea shipping and space shipping - >> that the contents would be entirely dry. >> >> > But that's my question - do I make it a completely surreal/funny >> contents that is/are perfectly dry; or a really valuable one that's been >> completely ruined... choices, choices. >> >> > (I should say that I was inspired by a) stories of yachtsmen/women >> hitting semi-submerged containers and losing part of keel and b) a news >> report of a container full of rubber ducks (i.e. bath toys) being lost >> at sea but then proving to be really useful to scientists as they could >> then use them washing up on various beaches to track currents. >> > >> > I'm quite tempted by the idea of the PC's container being full of >> rubber >> ducks. >> >> >> I used to be a container inspector in the US Coast Guard. >> >> I have found the majority of things that are shipped are boring. >> >> dirty recyclables >> rags >> Generic chemicals >> LARGE machine parts >> Furniture >> ETC. >> >> Remember that shipping containers can be compartmentalized, so you can >> have 2 or three items, if the PCS choose to investigate. >> >> Taking inspiration from old story, it could be a well aged vehicle that >> was used in a popular vid series. Rolls all around, to find a version >> of >> a James Bond car. >> >> A shipment of Hats? >> >> There could be literally anything, I don't know your players, but a >> little >> adjustment to their character goes a long way. >> >> Eric Rhude >> >> ----- >> The Traveller Mailing List >> Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml >> Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com >> To unsubscribe from this list please go to >> http://archives.simplelists.com >> > ----- > The Traveller Mailing List > Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml > Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com > To unsubscribe from this list please go to > http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=PSg1tnwNJh2wcLmlfPKAknsMUBGoEyHS